16 December 2020
Guest Speaker: Mr. Verghese Thirumala, Managing Director of Maxitulin
Host: Mr. Roger Lee, Board Member of TAPA Asia Pacific
Global supply chains are rushing for peak season demand now and many are relying on trucking to move their cargo to customers. Past statistics have shown that cargo crime increases significantly during the peak season, especially for products like electronics, food and beverages and apparel. And with Covid-19, a report from Sensiguard earlier in this year has revealed a 56 per cent year-on-year increase in cargo theft activity and expects more to come during this peak season as eCommerce shipment volume rises.
In this episode, Mr. Roger Lee, Board Member of TAPA Asia Pacific and invited speaker, Mr. Verghese Thirumala, Managing Director of Maxitulin discussed about the latest smart technology in tracking cargo on the move for trucking security and data analytics.
- 0:03:25 – Weekend and Public Holidays are time periods for theft attempts due to lack of security scrutiny starting from the end of the week, Friday.
- 0:09:31 – Two key theft-prone areas of focus: At facilities including visitor and vehicle management, and for vehicles on the move including tracking logistics, driver and vehicle information.
- 0:11:52 – Increase in TAPA Trucking Security Requirement (TSR) audit certifications and endorsement to ensure technologies and security processes meet the global
- 0:23:50 – Visitor management System, vehicle barrier gate, and vehicle recognition system at facilities for verification and tracking .
- 0:34:02 – Big data and video analytics: How data is captured and used in these smart technologies for analysis to improve operations.
- 0:39:36 – Future outlook of global supply chains: Development in trucking logistics, IoT, Artificial Intelligence (AI), digitalization and emphasis on visibility.
About the Speaker
Mr. Verghese Thirumala
Manager Director, Maxitulin
Verghese is the founder and Managing Director of Maxitulin incorporated in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 1997,ISO 9001:2015 and UKAS compliant. Verghese has over 30 years of experience in Security and Supply Chain Logistics including electronic security system integration & implementation in partnership with top global brands for video surveillance & video analytics, entry access, perimeter intrusion detection, Telemetry & GPS, IoT, mobile surveillance & vehicle number plate recognition, visitor management system, security guarding monitoring & analysis, and drone based patrolling. He holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Marketing & Finance, and a Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) in Cost Accountancy.
About Bastian Consulting
Founded in 1997, Maxitulin provides telemetry tracking solutions using hardware, visitor management system, vehicle recognition analytics and entry access control system solutions for global supply chains. Their telematics division is experienced in automotive industry for both trucks and non-moving assets.
Maxitulin has a big division for electronic security system with a great team of electronic engineers with vast experience in electronic networking, wired and wireless technologies and power. Their team is also trained in various security programs, including anti-terrorism to understand the challenges in facilities and how to harden facilities in Asia Pacific. Maxitulin is TAPA certified in supply chain transportation, guarding security auditing, facility security auditing and trucking security auditing.
Maxitulin is also ISO 9001:2015 compliant with business presence in Malaysia, India, Saudi Arabia, Cambodia and Indonesia.