Cargo Crime – What is IIS?
The IIS was designed to improve the availability and flow of information on crimes against high-technology logistics supply chains within industry and between industry and Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA’s). Its scope has subsequently been broadened to encompass not solely hi-tech freight chains but also other high value freight. Its goal is to provide a centralised resource of knowledge related to criminality against freight in transit within the ASIA region and to facilitate the dissemination of that information to member companies and to LEA’s.
What are the benefits
- Facilitates the rapid dissemination of incident occurrence, which should aid in the investigation and recovery of stolen items.
- Provides well-supported statistical analyses of problem areas to allow corrective and pre-emptive actions to be taken.
- Increases awareness of the cargo theft problem at local, National and International levels.
What does IIS provide?
- Provides a service of “Flash” e-mail Incident Event Notification to rapidly broadcast information about new incidents as soon as they are reported
- Provides a database of incidents against member’s freight can be stored in a common format, analysed and made available to all members and to relevant Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA’s).
- Provides a managed directory of contacts within LEA’s, manufacturers and logistics security personnel.
- Provides a directory of links to sources of manufacturer’s product descriptions to support investigative activities.
- Disseminates a Quarterly Bulletin summarising recent incident information and other pertinent analyses of the reported data
The IIS database is secure and the details of the owner of the property and the loser, whether a buyer or a Logistics Service Provider remain confidential and anonymous. The objective of collating the information for the benefits of lobbying Governments, completing risk assessments,The IIS database is secure and the details of the owner of the property and the loser, whether a buyer or a Logistics Service Provider remain confidential and anonymous. The objective of collating the information for the benefits of lobbying Governments and for completing risk assessments. IIS alerts and data are shared for the prevention and detection of crime.