DSV / PANALPINA
Tuesday, 17 March 2020
DSV Air and Sea Update as of March 17, 2020:
Current Operational situation:
1. Port operations have not been suspended
2. Highly recommend to utilize LCL and FCL movements to support Airfreight cargo that are stuck due to stoppage of international and domestic flights
3. Continuous disruption of operations due to Trucking issues on accessibility to pass Metro Manila
1. All international flights coming and going out of Manila will be suspended starting March 20, 2020
2. Highly recommend utilizing LCL and FCL movements to support Airfreight cargo that are stuck due to stoppage of international and domestic flights pending the condition of customs and port maintaining operations
3. Continuous disruption of pick up and deliveries to companies located outside Metro Manila due to Trucking issues on accessibility to pass Metro Manila
Brokerage and Transportation:
1. Trucking – challenges on LCL deliveries as trucks are being held up at some locations by authorities specially those entering Metro Manila from nearby provinces. FCL deliveries looks fine for now
2. Bureau of Customs – both Customs offices at NAIA & seaports are operating, though undermanned or skeletal force only. Delays on processing & cargo clearance is experienced.
3. Biggest challenge is the mass transportation that do not only affects our own staff/processors but all others as well – Customs employees, bank staff, shipping lines, forwarders, brokers are all affected
Please note that the current information provided may change anytime. We shall provide timely updates and relay relevant government announcements once readily available.